Fathers’ Rights in San Antonio, Texas

Sometimes, fathers feel as if they are left out of their children’s lives. Unless you are the legal father of a child, you do not have any rights regarding that child. When a father wants to establish conservatorship, he has the right to file a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship or a Suit to Establish the Parent-Child Relationship. The suit will ask the court to decide issues of parentage, conservatorship, visitation and child support. To ensure that you have an active role in your child’s life, seek the counsel of the capable attorneys at our law firm, who are passionate about fathers’ rights.

File an Acknowledgment of Paternity

We recommend that you seek to establish paternity of the child as soon as you can – in the hospital following the birth is the ideal time. Then, you and the child’s mother have the opportunity to sign an Acknowledgment of Paternity, which the hospital sends to the Texas Bureau of Vital Statistics.

With the signing of this document, the father’s name is included on the birth certificate. Although this process establishes legal fatherhood, but does not extend to custody, visitation, or child support.

File a Paternity Lawsuit

To establish a legal basis for conservatorship and visitation, a father must prove he is the biological parent of the child through a DNA test. Our skillful attorneys walk you through the necessary steps in the process to have access to your child. In fact, it is never to early to seek the advise of an attorney when you suspect that someone may be carrying your child. Paternity suits maybe filed before the birth of the child to ensure that you can play as active a role as needed in the birth process.

Fathers Play a Key Role in Their Child’s Development

It is important for you and your child to have a healthy relationship. Without a father, children suffer from disadvantages that impact their lives in childhood and as an adult. We respect fathers’ rights and encourage you pursue the path that establishes a lifelong relationship with your child. Request a free consultation about establishing paternity today.

Bexar County Children’s Court Attorneys Taking Care of Fathers

If you are a father and have questions about a divorce, child custody suit or establishing parental rights for a child, put the experience of Bineham & Gillen, PLLC, behind you. Our firm offers a free consultation so we can understand your case and present options to you. Call 210-541-6800 today to set an appointment with one of our Family Law attorneys or contact Bineham & Gillen, PLLC Bineham & Gillen, PLLC, represents client throughout Texas, including the cities of San Antonio, New Braunfels, San Marcos, Boerne, Seguin and Karnes City, as well as other communities and military bases in Bexar County, Comal County and Karnes County.