Paternity Testing in San Antonio, Texas

Paternity brings with it a whole host of obligations from raising, feeding, and clothing a child to assuming legal responsibility. Allow our firm to assist you during this often confusing and difficult time regardless of whether you want to establish that you are or are not the father of a child. The attorneys of Bineham and Gillen, PLLC, are experienced in helping you understand the legal ramifications of paternity testing.

Establishing Legal Fatherhood

Fathers have moral, legal, and monetary responsibilities for the care of their children. However, some of those responsibilities may not be enforced without an Acknowledgment of Paternity, which is established after both parents sign the form and it is placed on file with the Bureau of Vital Statistics.

After the father signs the paternity acknowledgement, he is officially recognized as the father on the birth certificate. The court may then rely on the signed acknowledgment and order a father to pay child support.. If you are not certain that you are the father of a child, before signing any legal documents call the Bineham & Gillen for a free consultation.

Denying Legal Paternity

As there are times when a man would like to prove his paternity, conversely, there are times when he wants to establish that the child is not his. To do this, he must sign a Denial of Paternity. This can be the case when the mother of the child is married to a man, who is not the biological father.

Establishing paternity is an important part of moral and legal fatherhood. Request a free consultation with one of our experienced and compassionate attorneys to establish or deny paternity.

If you are a father and have questions about how you may or may not be established as the father of a child, put the experience of Bineham & Gillen, PLLC, behind you. Our firm offers a free consultation so we can understand your case and present options to you. Call 210-541-6800 today to set an appointment with one of our Family Law attorneys or contact Bineham & Gillen, PLLC.